Ultimate Zombie Data Base
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeTypes of Zombies Main12SearchLatest imagesGalleryTypes of Zombies Regist10Log inRegisterTypes of Zombies Empty

Types of Zombies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lihafy
Admin
Admin
lihafy

Zombie Movie : Shaun of the Dead

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:15 am

I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to zombies but my cousin, Poisonshift has a rather large repertoire when it comes to this subject. I am here to discover how many takes/ outlooks there are on zombies.

I know of a few if this applies because this question is still kind of unsure to me...

Like, in the original Dawn of the Dead the zombies can't think, they just moan, groan and hobble their way to their prey.. then devour their flesh.

Now, in the remake the zombies seem to be able to plan and run... open doors, etc. Is that technically a zombie and if so elaborate on the difference in names.?

One called a classic zombie? and the other a modern? ~Remade the idea because the old zombies were kinda lame and easy to escape from except in numbers?

These are only a couple I know there are tons of others in other legends based on zombies. I'd like to hear others.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Xzygon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Xzygon

Location : In the middle of the horde, safe and cozy in my bubble of 20 gigawatts of electricity.
Zombie Movie : Resident Evil series.

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Well, I would think that with zombies, most have lost all but their most basic motor skills, but with a certain few, upon zombifying, they have some modern instinct as to how to open doors, how to run, plan (hunter instincts here), and etc.
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Zombie Movie : Dawn of the Dead

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 3:16 pm

This is a pretty deep topic for me. To spare a few moments I'll make this brief.

There are several different types of zombies. The most renowned and respected would be the "Romero" zombies, mostly because it is believed that he created the genre as it is today.

There are your voodoo zombies, Serpent and the Rainbow, All Souls Day...

There are your infected type zombies, 28 Days Later, Dead Alive...

Your walking dead, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead...

Hive-mind zombies, Slither, The Invasion...

I could go on and on all day. This list does get obscure when we start hugging up close to the other undead genre, vampires... Take Daybreakers for instance, it could technically be counted as an infected type zombie movie, mostly because of the dissolving mental state and self controlled shown in the Subsiders. That and Daybreakers was made by the same duo that made Undead... classic.
Back to top Go down
https://uzdb.forumotion.net
lihafy
Admin
Admin
lihafy

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 am

Sounds like I need to start reading and watching more movies. haha
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Well I don't live that far away and I've got a ton of movies. Plus I stopped smoking! w00t!
Back to top Go down
lihafy
Admin
Admin
lihafy

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:53 am

When did you stop smoking?
Back to top Go down
Xzygon
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Xzygon

Location : In the middle of the horde, safe and cozy in my bubble of 20 gigawatts of electricity.
Zombie Movie : Resident Evil series.

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 pm

I like the idea of a sort of zombie evolution, whereas the zombies that just moan and walk and/or run, and bite you and other chiz is Tier 1, infecting zombies is Tier 2, Hive-Mind zombies something like, Tier 6. And everything inbetween I have no idea. Tier 5 is probably planning.
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 7:12 pm

Would sound good on paper but it would be very confusing on the screen. Kinda like the Day of the Dead remake they did. All the zombies were pretty normal til the end and the dude crawled on the walls and ceiling. Totally random-like.
Back to top Go down
lihafy
Admin
Admin
lihafy

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah. haha, I know I'm going to get hell for this but, what about the zombies from Zombiez from da hood? hahaha. They could talk and drive, and crap. That was an absolutely terrible movie.
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 6:04 pm

hibidy-dibity that movie. hibidy-dibity it in it's stupid $30 price tag. Zombie Wack

EDIT:

lol, I forgot I censored the swear words. hibidy-dibity = f u c k
Back to top Go down
lihafy
Admin
Admin
lihafy

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:34 pm

hibidy-dibity haha Yeah. That movie sucked very much lots of ass
Back to top Go down
lihafy
Admin
Admin
lihafy

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:39 pm

mudman
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 9:44 pm

spam in the spam forum.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Types of Zombies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Types of Zombies   Types of Zombies Empty

Back to top Go down

Types of Zombies
Page 1 of 1