Ultimate Zombie Data Base
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeRomero's Living Dead series Main12SearchLatest imagesGalleryRomero's Living Dead series Regist10Log inRegisterRomero's Living Dead series Empty

Romero's Living Dead series

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ASoron0424
zombie
zombie
ASoron0424

Romero's Living Dead series Empty
PostSubject: Romero's Living Dead series   Romero's Living Dead series EmptyTue May 18, 2010 12:37 am

Somewhat topical, I guess, since Survival of the Dead's supposed to hit theaters next week. It's available On Demand at Amazon now though. I just saw it the other night, thought it was at least as good as Diary, though I haven't decided which I liked more.

Anybody else seen it?
Anybody think Romero's overrated?
Underrated?
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Zombie Movie : Dawn of the Dead

PostSubject: Re: Romero's Living Dead series   Romero's Living Dead series EmptyTue May 18, 2010 1:20 am

I haven't had the pleasure of seeing it yet. Yes I said the pleasure. I'm trying my best to wait until it hits the silver screen.

The first thing people need to realizes is that it's incredibly hard to keep up with the original Dead trilogy. That combined with well reviewed failure of Land of the Dead (saw this twice in theaters, never regretted it). Sentiments aside I'd have to say that I was not let down by Diary of the Dead, had it been done by a new director I'd have been very happy. Taking into account the finances put towards the movie it couldn't have been done any better.

As for Survival I'll just have to wait and see.

Romero is both over and underrated at the same time, meant with no disrespect. I'd be the first to jump into a bullet for the guy, he's trying his damnedest to make a living in a world that only wants zombie movies from him. He didn't want to get stuck doing the same thing the rest of his life, but he has. He's doing his best with what he's got, living the American dream. He takes us into his heart and mind and does his best to not let us down. And if you think about it, he hasn't let us down so bad we should turn our backs on him.
Back to top Go down
https://uzdb.forumotion.net
ASoron0424
zombie
zombie
ASoron0424

PostSubject: Re: Romero's Living Dead series   Romero's Living Dead series EmptyTue May 18, 2010 9:34 am

I think a lot of people, after Cloverfield and Blair Witch, have a built-in aversion to shaky-cam horror movies, which I think is what turned a lot of people away from Diary of the Dead, even though the shaky-cam was used pretty well.

And yeah, he's got a lot of weight on his shoulders, but I don't feel all that bad for him. He's deliberately working with lower budgets because he doesn't want studio-men to take over his creative power over his films, and because he has such low budgets he's kept from really going outside the box and doing something very good -- which Land of the Dead (for which you'll actually find more good reviews than bad ones) proved he could do when given the budget.
Back to top Go down
poisonshift
Admin
Admin
poisonshift

Zombie Movie : Dawn of the Dead

PostSubject: Re: Romero's Living Dead series   Romero's Living Dead series EmptyTue May 18, 2010 11:10 am

I really liked the Blair Witch Project, the only movie that still creeps me out. But I'm not a fan of the first person camera set up. I'd much rather have a conventionally shot film.

I guess it's up to George and who he's willing to work with. Maybe he's just having fun, maybe he's waiting for a huge break. Whatever it is he'll be getting a decent budget soon. Maybe he want's to do a tv series, that's kinda what Diary felt like at first, it felt like a pilot.

Maybe he just owes the mob money...
Back to top Go down
https://uzdb.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Romero's Living Dead series   Romero's Living Dead series Empty

Back to top Go down

Romero's Living Dead series
Page 1 of 1